Friday, December 24, 2010

Completed the 2010 Debut Author Challenge

Heyhihello

Today I will be discussing the 2010 Debut author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren.

This challenge was amazing. It made me discover so many new,talented and mind blowing authors. My favourite books this year were all written by debut authors, could you believe it?

Before this challenge, I would never had thought of reading a novel by a debut author because I always think that it is their first time and that it wont be that good.  Before this challenge I used to read books primarily by Meg Cabot. She was the only author I trusted.

This challenge basically challenged me as a reader and a blogger to read for new authors.

Let me tell you the results of this challenge:
1-     I completed it by reading 13 novels
2-     I will be doing it again next year
3-     Now I am anticipating books such as Desires of the Dead and Vanished
As you might had noticed, I love this challenge to the point where whenever I read books for it, I add it to the side bar of the blog for more exposure. I will be doing it again for the 2011 challenge.

Here is the complete list of the books I had read for the 2010 debut author challenge:

·         Amy and Roger's Epic Detour 
·         Anna and the French kiss
·         Boys, Wolves and others things that might kill me
·         Faithful
·         Firelight
·         FreeFall
·         Low Red Moon
·         Nightshade
·         Somewhere in Blue
·         The body finder
·         The Duff
·         The Mark
·         The Secret Year
·         The Sky is Everywhere




Here is the list of books I will be reading for the 2011 debut author challenge. I totally look forward!

·         Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
·         Across the universe by Beth Revis
·         Wither by Lauren Destefano
·         Vesper by Jeff Sampson
·         Between the shades of grey by Ruta Sepetys
·         Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
·         Bestest. Ramadan. Ever. By Medeia Sharif

Tata for now

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails