Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Book Review: If I stay

Heyhihello

If I Stay by Gayle Forman.

Release Date: April 9th 2009
Publisher: Speak
Source: Purhcased
Series: Book 1 
The description of the book:
In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands. 
My review:
I picked up this book because everyone was saying it is heart-breaking and everyone who reads it always ends up crying. I don’t normally cry but I did for this book. This book was beyond amazing. It is definitely one of my favourite reads of 2011. Even though it was great, I found it a hard read. I mean, could you imagine losing everything in one moment? It is hard on everyone.

Gayle did a phenomenal job in helping us get inside Mia's (the main character) head. Mia was a character that had it all. She even found the love of her life in a very young age. Then, this accident happens to her which sucks. For most of the book, we see Mia as a ghost because her body is living on machines.

The whole book takes place in 1 day which reflects the pace of the book(hint: very fast). But, also, there were flashbacks (which I always enjoy) to give the story depth and connect with the reader.

Can we talk a little bit about Adam? Can we? He is one of the most wonderful male characters. He shows us the definition of love, caring and respect. Did I mention that he is a rock star?

Overall, each element of this book was ….I can't find the right words to describe it… beautiful. And yes, you will cry because you will want Mia and Adam's love to survive.
There is in fact book 2 and it's from Adam's perspective so I can't wait to check it out.

Tata for now 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails