Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
Release Date: April 12th 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 359
Source:  the library
Sixteen-year-old Maya is just an ordinary teen in an ordinary town. Sure, she doesn't know much about her background - the only thing she really has to cling to is an odd paw-print birthmark on her hip - but she never really put much thought into who her parents were or how she ended up with her adopted parents in this tiny medical-research community on Vancouver Island.

Until now.

Strange things have been happening in this claustrophobic town - from the mountain lions that have been approaching Maya to her best friend's hidden talent for "feeling" out people and situations, to the sexy new bad boy who makes Maya feel . . . . different. Combine that with a few unexplained deaths and a mystery involving Maya's biological parents and it's easy to suspect that this town might have more than its share of skeletons in its closet. 




The book took place in Vancouver. With the beauty of its beautiful people and the nature of the wildlife that was described in the book, I fell in love with Vancouver. 
And more importantly, I loved the book.

Each page left you wondering of what might happen next. I was wondering till the last page. It was quite fascinating to get clues from here and there and to match them up together. Of course, this book was a set up for the next, upcoming books in this series.

The characters were very well written. However, I felt like shaking Maya to tell her to open her eyes. I want to tell Maya to listen to Daniel's dad. Because with all the craziness that Daniel's dad keep saying and how he bullies Daniel, you, Maya, can read in between the lines. And figure what he meant in one of his shouts.

Did I lose you? Sorry, I just had to say that to Maya. I think you will get the grip of what I mean when you read the book yourself.

After reading this book I was 1) I was so proud Kelley is a Canadian author 2) omg! I can't wait for book 2 because book 1 was promising and epic.

Tata for now    


1 comment:

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

I've had this book on my shelf for a couple months, but I still haven't read it. I'm totally kicking myself for not doing so yet, it sounds AMAZING! I love that it takes place in Vancouver and you found that the characters were well written. Ahh I need to read this one ASAP! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails