Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter in a SnapShot


Today is the release of the last movie of Harry Potter

To celebrate I thought I would tell you how I found out about Harry Potter

In 2005, I found my brother in the living room, watching the TV. It was around 10 p.m and we had school the following day. I just sat on the couch, not really watching because back then I didn’t like English/American movies. For one obvious reason, I wasn’t that good in English so I had to read the translation on the T.V screen and that made it hard to follow up (you either read or watch, right?). but the movie caught my interest. It was so magical. I started watching it, not knowing what it was about. But I liked the fictional-fantasy world. I liked the friendship theme floating all over the movie scenes. Later on, Dubai channel announced that "You are watching Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone."

Next day, at my school, I didn’t stop talking about Harry Potter. To my surprise, I found that people from my class knew about the movies/books. They started telling me more about it. Apparently, it was a phenomenon.

I was chatting with my friends about it again in the school bus. Later on, the school bus's supervisor told me that the second movie will be on the same channel next week, Saturday.

She was right! I waited patiently, in front of the TV screen to watch Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I loved it even more.

Next day, I was talking non-stop about it. Then my friend, Menna, suggested that I should read the books. She lent me her Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and I dove into it. I would carry it around the school, afraid it might get hurt in my school bag. It was my first time reading an Arabic novel, without anyone forcing me to reading it. So after all these years, I want to thank Menna, for giving me the chance to read the second book in the Harry Potter series. Then along the way I discovered a friend who shares the same passion about Harry Potter, Marwa. We would talk in between classes about Harry Potter and everything related. Also, there was Noha, who printed me Harry Potter's pictures, posters, etc. Thank You. And sorry for wasting your ink and paper.

Then I heard that Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire was hitting the theatre, so I went with my brother to watch it. It was amazing and till now this movie is my favorite.
Two month later, Cairo was, once again, holding the biggest book Expo. I went there every year but I never had a book in mind. But this year was different. I looked for Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix. It costed 17.00 L.E. I read at once and enjoyed it of course.

Then I moved to Canada, and there I watched the Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix and read some of the books.

For the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I watched it in Egypt during my trip in 2009. With my friend Marwa (mentioned above) and Dina.

Then comes Harry Potter and Deathly Hallows (partI) which I haven’t watched yet.
Now I can't wait for Part II. It was an amazing journey from 2005 till 2011. Harry Potter had taught me so many things. Well, at least it made me read the only book in Arabic …A miracle. It taught me that I should value friendship. That good always win over evil. That I should continue the journey til the end. To be happy with the things I have

I will miss it but its time to give another franchise the chance to spread internationally. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails