Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach


Wake Unto Me by Lisa Cach
Release Date: March 31st 2011
Publisher: Speak
Age Group: Young Adult
Page: 304 pages
Source: Library

A haunted castle, a handsome young man dead for four hundred years, one heck of a scary portrait of a witch, and a treasure hunt -- not to mention a princess for a roommate! -- all await 15 year old American girl Caitlyn Monahan when she earns a scholarship to a French boarding school. 

There are secrets behind the stone walls of Chateau de la Fortune, buried for centuries along with the mystery of who killed Raphael, the charming ghost who visits Caitlyn at night. But as Caitlyn unearths the history of the castle, nothing scares her as badly as the secret she learns about herself, and the reason she was chosen to come to the Fortune School. 

And nothing breaks her heart as badly as falling in love with a dead guy.

A girl who could only meet her soul mate while she is asleep

What I really liked about this book is the writing style. It felt like it was a historical fiction because of the great, deep description. It helped me sink into the book and into the character's mind; even though it was written in third person point of view. I also, liked the fact that the book took place in France and to be specific it took place in Southwest France. There were French words which added to the richness of the dialogue and the description.

The pacing of the book was slow and boring sometimes. I did make me lose connection with the main characters. I just felt it was so too wordy but I liked the style of it (as I mentioned before), so I am not really sure how I feel about this. I am basically mixed. I liked the writing style but I felt it was so wordy. So you decide, what I exactly mean!

The storyline wasn’t engaging at all. It got me confused a little bit. I mean there were so many little details that I had to follow in order to get the big picture.

But overall, this book was beautifully written in a sophisticated way. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails