Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Economics of Ego Surplus by Paul McDonnold


The Economics of Ego Surplus by Paul McDonnold
Release Date: September 15th 2010
Publisher: Starving Analyst Press
Age Group: Everyone
Pages: 248 pages
Source: Copy from Author

Part action novel, part literary novel, part guidebook to economics, The Economics of Ego Surplus is the story of college instructor Kyle Linwood. Anticipating a relaxing summer with his girlfriend and his PhD dissertation, he gets recruited by the FBI to help with an obscure case of terrorist internet "chatter," which explodes into a shocking, mysterious assault on U.S. financial markets. As the economy melts down and a nation panics, Kyle follows a trail of clues from Dallas to New York City to Dubai, United Arab Emirates. In his quest to discover the truth, he will be forced to confront the assumptions underlying his education as well as his life. But will it be enough to save America from the most brilliant terrorist plot ever conceived?

The book is trying to figure out what happens if U.S economy melts down. What will happen then?

I don’t usually read books like The Economics of Ego Surplus but it sounded very interesting and so I decided "why not read it and review it".

Well, let me tell you that I enjoyed the book. It taught me the basics of economics in a less complex way. The economics theories were basically embedded in the storyline. I didn’t even notice I was learning something new in the economics world. And that I really enjoyed.

The storyline was full of everything I wanted. Romance, action, travelling, terrorism. And of course, business and economics. It was fun to read. However, I felt it went slow at times but it was all to build to the climax.

When I was reading this book, I thought what would happen if this book was used to teach economics in schools? Student would be more interested in economics. And you know what I mean if you had studied economics from before.

Overall, this book will teach you economics theory without you realizing it.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails