Monday, August 8, 2011

Egypt: The Uprising by Amira Aly



Egypt: The Uprising by Amira Aly
Release Date: June 1st 2011
Age Group: Young Adult
Page: 125 pages
Source: E-arc for author
Series: Book 1

A debut novel like no other-- touches on the apocalyptic flavors of the times and tells of a history that transcends the past. 

Why is the Arab world in turmoil? What instigated the Spring of Freedom? 
There is more to the story than meets the eye... 
The very fabric of the world is at stake. 

And , believe it or not, your fate lies in the hands of one book-loving Egyptian teen with an extraordinary heritage . 

Aya is an Egyptian teenage girl trying to mind her own business and take care of her brother. As their country is swept by the tides of a revolution against a tyrant nicknamed the vile pharaoh, Aya tries to stay adrift. But her blood has something different in store for her. 

Learning what the Ancients have always known, She joins a battle for truth and freedom-- a battle for Ma'at. 

It is not just a story, however, it is a world-within-world, and a fresh tantalizing outlook on the events in our modern events. 

This elegant novella is an introduction to a multi-volume series... The Battle for Maat.

The present and the past collide in this book.

The Uprising takes place in Egypt during the January 25th revolution. Aya's brother had disappeared. Now its Aya's role to get him back. Aya goes through series of adventure through the past.

This was my first time reading a book that is full of Egyptian mythology. I mean, I studied Greek mythology but seriously, Amira opened my eyes to the Egyptian mythology. And of course, because of Amira's beautiful writing, I had to like it so much.

The writing style of Amira was amazing. I felt like each word was placed perfectly and with great meaning within each sentence. I think the writing was my 2nd favorite.

My 1st favorite though was the brilliance of attaching what's happening currently in Egypt with the past and the Egyptian mythology.

I was also taken on a trip to the nowadays atmosphere in Egypt and also to the pyramids and sphinx area. How epic is that?

Instead of travelling all the way to Egypt, you just have to simply read this book. Because it delivers vivid scenes which help feel like 1) in Egypt 2) part of history that is being written.


1 comment:

Jac (Two Moms Reading) said...

This looks so good! I love Egyptian History (My best friend is from Egypt) and this sounds like a really fun read! I'll have to pick it up.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails