Friday, August 26, 2011

Where She Went by Gayle Forman


Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Release Date: April 5th 2011
Publisher: Dutton
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 264 pages
Source: Purchased
Series: Book 2

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I StayWhere She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance

I read If I Stay months ago and I loved everything about it. It was so sad and Forman delivered the poignant atmosphere effectively. So of course when "Where She Went" came out, I had to pick it up. I needed to know where the story was going. Now this book is from Adam's perspective.

The minute I started this book, I couldn’t put it down. It sucked me into Adam's world in no time. Again, like If I Stay the whole book took place in 1 day. So of course that says it all about the pacing of the book.

Now I don’t want to tell you anything about the storyline because it will feel so good to discover it on your own.

This novel's storyline was very intriguing, different, unique. And it feels like it is based on a true story.

This is definitely one of my favorite reads in 2011. I cant wait for more from Gayle. 

2 comments:

Tia said...

Great review! I really enjoyed this book as well.

Tia @ Falling For Books

Megan said...

great review! I can't wait to read this book!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails