Monday, September 12, 2011

The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder


Release Date: June 28th 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 307 pages
Source: Library
Series: None
 Amber’s life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell he’s also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.
The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she’s drawn to him. And the more she’s troubled by his darkness. Because Cade’s not just living in the now—he’s living each moment like it’s his last.


First of all, I want to say that if you haven’t read anything by Lisa Schroeder, you should. The Day Before is my second novel, after reading her wonderful book 'Chasing Brooklyn'. Lisa writes in verse style which makes the book very easy to read.

The Day Before is full of emotion. I got attached to the characters in no time. I felt sorry for them for their problems. I felt happy for Amber and Cade finding each other, dissolving into each other's problems. Lisa does a great job in defining the characters with small acts. For example, Amber loves jelly beans and is a drummer. I mean how often you see a female drummer in a book. I found that very exciting and helped me see who Amber is. For Cade, he is a songwriter. Perfect, right?

I liked the setting; it was mostly on a beach. Personally, I felt I was with Amber and Cade feeling the sand underneath my feet and watching the water clean up the shore.

One thing I didn’t like is the fact that I kept comparing The Day Before with Chasing Brooklyn. I couldn’t stop thinking about Chasing Brooklyn. I shouldn’t be comparing since I am planning to read all of Lisa's book before the end of the year.

It was a great book.
  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails