Monday, March 12, 2012

Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer


Release Date: January 3rd 2012
Publisher: Philomel
Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 406 pages
Source: Library
Series: 3

Calla has always welcomed war. 

But now that the final battle is upon her, there's more at stake than fighting. There's saving Ren, even if it incurs Shay's wrath. There's keeping Ansel safe, even if he's been branded a traitor. There's proving herself as the pack's alpha, facing unnamable horrors, and ridding the world of the Keepers' magic once and for all. And then there's deciding what to do when the war ends. If Calla makes it out alive, that is.

This book was awesome, though I got a little confused on what happened at the end. But that’s ok because that fact doesn’t take away from the awesomeness of this book.

This trilogy has been great. It is my only werewolf books I read (besides twilight) and I don’t think anything will top this series.

The writing is just beautiful, full of imagery and action without making me bored. All the characters had strong presence in this novel. I think the author knew that us, readers, didn’t just like the main three characters (Calla, Ren and Shay), but we also love the 'minor' characters because in this book their presence was equal and of course, as always I loved all the characters because they were different from each other. They are unique and outstanding.

The plot was…war-ish and battle-ish. I won't spoil it to anyone who haven’t even started the series yet. But oh my! Andrea has this skillful way of making me read her 400 pages long book with sleep invading my eyes.

Finally, I want to say that I am truly sad that this series had ended so quickly. Its special to my heart because I did a presentation on NightShade for my IMC class and BloodRose just came 6 month after the release of Wolfsbane. So really, it ended so quickly.

But at the same time, I am happy and excited because I expect a lot from Andrea upcoming projects.  

2 comments:

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I haven't read this yet..but i love weres..so the series is on my wishlist..great review

basma aal said...

hope you like it as much as I did :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails