Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sea Change

Author: Aimee Friedman
Sea Change
Sea is always mysterious with its creatures.

Book Review:

Miranda Merchant, who is sixteen years old, goes to Selkie Island for the summer.  Miranda is not like any other girl because the only thing she likes to do always has to do with science. She grew up doing experiments, instead of reading the fashion magazines. Many guys are not attracted to her due to her looks, but when she goes to Selkie Island everything changes.

This island is known for its legends and myths. Miranda meets this guy who has this mysterious and dark side. His name is Leo. Well, if you haven’t guess it yet, they both fall in love. But Miranda wants to figure out the dark side of Leo. The myths and the legends start chasing after Miranda in her head.

She thinks Leo is a Merman. Is he really?

My thoughts:

The book was very enjoyable. I wished I had read it in the summer because it mostly takes place on the beach. Aimee created a great image to help the understanding of the setting.  I felt I was exploring a new place when I was just sitting in my chair. I had the sense if I kept on reading more and more surprises will be revealed.

So tell me, would you like to fall in love with a merman or a mermaid?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails