Saturday, July 17, 2010

Book Review: White Cat

Today I shall review a book called White cat by Holly Black
This is my poem for white cat:
***

If you see them wearing gloves
Make sure you stay away from them
They might transform you or block a memory
They might trick you and force you to kill somebody
Allowing you to gain the hate of your soul mate
You thought you killed her
But then you realize that she is a fluffy white animal
But you are smart, at least smarter than your brothers
Realizing what kind of situation they are trying to put you in
You stopped them before you kill someone else
And you start having control on your actions
So it doesn’t matter
If they can play with their curse magic on you
They know that you are more powerful than them
***
White Cat (Curse Workers, Book 1)

It is confusing on purpose because the plot gets confusing sometimes so you have to be awake to be able to draw the lines. This is my first time to read something for Holly Black but she really did impress me with her unique style of writing.

I read the first part of the book online few months ago but I had to stop because I had eye problems and I couldn’t read it online anymore. Months past and I got the book from the library and started reading it from where exactly I left off. Believe or not I remembered every single thing that happened in the first part. I wish the same thing could happen to me when it comes to studying.

I 100% recommend this book as a summer read and don’t blame me if you fall in love with cassel sharpe (main character). And for you guys, don’t blame me if you start coping cassel sharpe's actions. You can blame Holly Black for writing deep characters.

All the characters had deep and mysterious side to them. You just feel like you need to know more about them. I guess we have to wait for the second book. 

Here is the book trailer:


Tata for now

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails