Saturday, October 9, 2010

Book Review: The Clearing


Living the same day since 1944 is not too bad, isn’t it?

Heyhihello

Today I shall review a book called titled The Clearing by Heather Davis.
Here is the description of the book:

Amy, a sixteen-year-old recovering from an abusive relationship, moves to the country to start a new life with her aunt–all she wants is for everything to be different. In the clearing at the back of Aunt Mae’s property, she makes an amazing discovery—Henry, a boy stuck in the endless summer of 1944. Henry and his world become Amy’s refuge and she begins to learn that some moments are worth savoring. But when the past and present come crashing together, both of them must find the courage to face what is meant to be, even if it means losing each other forever.-goodreads.com





I really have no idea how to review this book. I just didn’t like it but I kept on reading it. Usually if don’t like a book, I stop reading it. So this means that the book had something that made me keep on going.

So first off, one of the things I didn’t like was the conversations, they weren’t realistic. And no I am not talking about conversations that took place in the 1940s but the conversations that took place this century. They were so obvious and simple to me. Nothing complex or deep.

It is suppose to be a love story but I didn’t feel any emotions happening. I just felt sorry for the main character all the time. And again you get to see the main character struggling with  her friends from this century because she keeps thinking of the boy from the 1940s. doesn’t it ring a bell (1917).

Maybe the thing that kept me on going was that I wanted to know what was going to happen at the end. I really don’t know if I liked the ending or not but it surprised me.

Also the cover is so beautiful and very relatable to the novel's content. 

Question: Have you read this book? What do you think? Leave me a comment below

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails