Saturday, December 18, 2010

Book Review: NightShade


HeyHiHello

Today I shall be reviewing a book titled Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. It is her debut book!!!

Here is the description of the book:

Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?-goodreads.com

This book was reviewed in many of the blogs I follow. Mostly positive reviews. So I thought I should read it too. Also it looked good on the shelves so why not? So I did listen to my thoughts and was the first to get the book from the library.

The book is mainly about werewolves. Last time I read a book about werewolves I hate it so much so this book had a lot of job to do to change my perspective. Oh and to make the job a little bit harder I AM TEAM EDWARD!! (btw this is not the book I was referring too. I love twilight.)

This book was huge in a good in a way that the author took her time to build a solid foundation for the plot and the characters. Nothing seemed fake or made up. I liked the werewolves' society and how it was strong and just beautiful.

If I am going to talk about the characters, the characters were amazing. I felt like every character has its own style and voice within the text.  Calla, the female alpha, was beautiful and I wanted to be her so bad. Too bad she doesn’t want to be her herself. Ren, the male alpha, was awesome and loved him.

Now let's talk about Shay. I didn’t like him. I felt he was a baby trying to solve each mystery by putting his love in trouble. I felt like he didn’t care about Calla. He just wanted to know the behind scenes of the werewolves society.

The supportive characters were remarkable and I loved each one of them.

One thing I didn’t like is that there was so much to remember when it comes to the history of the werewolves. I just could not remember each and everything single part of that history that was introduced to us throughout the book.

I know this book will be like twilight where people will be picking teams. So I am doing it now.  

I am TEAM REN !!!!

Of course, if you haven’t guessed it yet, this book has a huge love triangle. Love it.

Talking about guessing, this book will leave you guessing till the very end.

I cant wait for book #2 which  comes out July 12th 2011

Here is the trailer:


P.S. Please vote here for the best book of 2010.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails