Sunday, January 2, 2011

Book Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Heyhihello

Today I shall be reviewing a book titled Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.  I cannot believe its her debut book. Why? Sorry I won't tell you till you read the description so go ahead and do so.
The description of the book:


Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris—until she meets Étienne St. Claire: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.
As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna—and readers—have long awaited?

My review:

This is the part where I tell you why I could not believe that Stephanie Perkins is a debut author. So congrats for reaching that far.

The book was amazing. I loved it. I know you probably might had read the same exact thing on other blogs but its so true. As you might had noticed that this book takes place in Paris, France. Stephanie is so good in creating live images from France to wherever you are. So basically, thanks to Stephanie, I now know so many things in Paris and what to look for when I am there (I am so planning to go there after I had read this book).You got to know about the history of the country, museums and food. If you know me personally, you would know that I am not big when it comes to food. In fact, I hate eating but reading this book made me want to do anything to go to France and eat from their dishes. They have some amazing bakeries. Also, if you are one of those who like films, Paris is the place to live. Why? Well, you have to read the book to know the answer to that.

Lets talk about the characters, shall we.

So to start off, I introduce to you ANNA. She is so awesome and real to me. If I ever had a best friend, I would wish she would be like ANNA. She is so nice. She is there when you need her. And if her friend is in love with the same boy that she is, she is willing to give him up.

Also, we have St. Claire, who is the cutest boy in the school. I wont talk a lot about him. Whatever I will say about him wont do him any justice. But here is something that will make you love him before you even read this book. He was born in America, he was raised in England and currently lives in France. Ahh, he is the definition of perfection. I bet you will love him when you know him more.

Then there are the other characters who are somewhat minor but are all important to the development of the book. I really liked all ANNA's friends. There are Americans who happen to be studying in France. Add it to the awesomeness of this book.

Basically, this book was written beautifully. John green said about Stephanie Perkins, " its like me and Maureen Johnson had a baby."

Well, I will have to say that Stephanie Perkins book was like a mix between Meg Cabot and Sarah Dessen's writing. Yes I don’t normally compare these two authors with anyone but she deserves it.

I really don’t know what other way I could convince you of reading this book. I give up.

But here are some positive reviews for the book (I didn’t find any negative reviews).


P.S this book won best promoted book in 2010. Click here for more info. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails