Friday, April 1, 2011

Book Review: You Are Not Here

Heyhihello

Today I shall review a book titled "You are not here" by Samantha Schutz.

The description of the book:

Annaleah and Brian shared something special - Annaleah is sure of it. When they were together, they didn't need anyone else. It didn't matter that their relationship was secret. All that mattered was what they had with each other.
And then, out of nowhere, Brian dies. And while everyone else has their role in the grieving process, Annaleah finds herself living outside of it, unacknowledged and lonely. How can you recover from a loss that no one will let you have?


My review:

Just look at this cover. How beautiful? They are called tuplis, if not, feel free to correct me in the comment section. Anyways I loved the cover and that was only reason why I picked it up. I haven’t heard much about this book before reading it so I was guessing the story line all the time. But let me tell you, it was really good. It was written in a simple, sophisticated way. It wasn’t like a paragraph after paragraph but instead it was a sentence after the other.

The main character, Annaleah, is coping with the death of her boyfriend. She drifts away from her life and die with Brain, her boyfriend. For most of the time, I felt sad after Annaleah's loss. Brain was everything to her. She didn’t know who to talk to since their relationship wasn’t really official and so no one would believe her.
Annaleah's character is very relatable to many of people. People who falls in love for the first time and they fall hard. But there is always hope.

The author shows that Annaleah grieving after Brain's death has something to do with Annaleah past which I found pretty smart because it is good to create for a character future as well as history too.

"You are not here" is a quick, great read. 

This book was Samantha Schutz's debut for 2010 and I will be looking forward to her upcoming books.

Tata for now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they're roses ;p

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails