Monday, May 23, 2011

Definitely NOT Camelot by Kimberly Joy Peters


Heyhiehllo

Definitely NOT Camelot by Kimberly Joy Peters

Release Date: October 15th 2010 
Publisher: Lobster Press
 Age Group: Young Adult
Pages: 192 pages
Format: paperback
Source: ARC from publisher 
Series: book 2 
Ashley may be starring in Camelot, but between vicious rumors flying around school, her mother's cancer and an addiction to supplements, life is anything but a fairy-tale.

My review:

It was a quick enjoyable read.

We are back to Ashley crazy life. She is suffering with her sick mom. She broke up with her boyfriend. She is struggling to find her new self. I really did enjoy book 1 in the series and my expectations for book 2 were thankfully met.

Peters writing is so engaging and relatable. I mean, the main character is like every teenager girl, trying to survive this scary place called high school. But how are you suppose to survive when they are rumours about you all over the school? But from book 1, we know that Ashley is a strong character and she can handle it.

I loved Ashley even more in this book. She was a fun character. I felt Peters writing got better too from book 1. It was just so good.

Also, I admired how Peters hinted that social media could be harmful sometimes.

Overall, I think this book is so relatable to every girl's life and they should read it.   

Tata for now



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm this one looks pretty good! Need to read the first one though. I'll be adding them to my TBR list! Great review :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails