Thursday, July 7, 2011

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting

Desires of the Dead by Kimberly Derting
Release Date: Feburary 15th 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Age Group: Young Adult
Page: 368 pages
Source: Library
Series: Book 2
 Violet can sense the echoes of those who've been murdered—and the matching imprint that clings to their killers. Only those closest to her know what she is capable of, but when she discovers the body of a young boy she also draws the attention of the FBI, threatening her entire way of life. 

As Violet works to keep her morbid ability a secret, she unwittingly becomes the object of a dangerous obsession. Normally she'd turn to her best friend, Jay, except now that they are officially a couple, the rules of their relationship seem to have changed. And with Jay spending more and more time with his new friend Mike, Violet is left with too much time on her hands as she wonders where things went wrong. But when she fills the void by digging into Mike's tragic family history, she stumbles upon a dark truth that could put everyone in danger.


Book 1 in the series was one of the best books I've read in 2010. So I had high expectations for Desires of the Dead. The book didnt fail me. It was awesome, epic, thrilling, enticing… just like book 1. I felt my hands sweating from the amount of the breathless scenes that I had to witness reading this book. It was so hard to stop reading. I just wished us, human beings, didn’t have to sleep to survive.

One of the things I liked about Desires of the Dead is the fact that I get to see more of Jay and Violet. You know I thought Ms.Derting would do the usual-Jay and Violet would break up or maybe make them less interested in each other- but, no, their relationship grew in this book and it was wonderful and very romantic.

The ending was a little scary but gripping. It kept me on the edge of my seat. I just left wondering and sorry for Violet for her curse which is her gift too.

I was happy when I knew that there was going to be another book in the series and I got even more excited when I saw its cover-The last Echo.

Tata for now 

1 comment:

Test said...

I really enjoy these books as well, and I'm eagerly anticipating The Last Echo. Hopefully it's just as good as the first two, if not better.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails