Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Book Review: The Body Finder

Hey Hi Hello

Now I shall review "The Body Finder" by Kimberly Derting, a debut author.




"Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her “power” to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes the dead leave behind in the world . . . and the imprints that attach to their killers. Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find dead birds her cat had tired of playing with. But now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he’s claimed haunt her daily, she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him. Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet on her quest to find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved to find herself hoping that Jay’s intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she’s falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer . . . and becoming his prey herself."-goodreads.com


I LOVED THE BOOK!!
Why, you might ask me?
It has nothing to do with the beautiful Violet or the cute Jay. It has nothing to do with the relationship between Violent and Jay. They are both pretending to be friends but watching them acting in jealousy whenever a boy comes near Violet or a girl smiles to Jay, just makes us think otherwise.

It has nothing to do with the suspense that was surrounding the plot. As you read from the description, violet has a gift where she could sense the dead and the killer. That wouldn’t be a real gift unless there a murderer to be found and killers needed to be arrested. How will violent be able to do that? Will that affect her negatively?

I love this book because I think the author, Kimberly Derting, made the assumption that whomever reads YA novels are not slow-minded. The book was written in a different way than many YA novels. It was complicated in a good way. The wording was precise. It used third person narration which is something that I really miss. Many authors refuse to write in third-person narration, no offence thought. Kimberly Derting's The Body Finder was written in third person narration made me feel that I was reading a good piece of literature. I almost couldn’t believe myself when I knew that this book was for YA readers because you don’t get to see complicated wordings and mysterious meanings in between the lines unless you are reading an adult book.

One last thing I couldn’t read this book in public (I tried) because you wont stop smiling while reading it.

Here is the trailer:


1 comment:

Erika Powell said...

I loved this book too and I think you are correct. Derting's writing is amazing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails