Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen

Release Date: June 1st 2011
Publisher: Point
Age Group: Young Adult
Page: 272 pages
Source: Library

What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?
Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.

A different take into the vampire world.

Amy is obsessed with a vampire series. Her favorite character becomes reality. Now the plot of the book is doubled. All the time I am left wondering what will happen in the main story (Amy's story) and the vampire's story (Alexander Banks). And I did like that. However, at the same time, I felt the pacing was slow. I felt like there wasn’t much action going on but there was. I mean, there was enough action but I still felt it slow.

The concept of the story was so original and new to me. And of course it's a dream come to true to many of us. But, I didn’t like Alexander Banks. He is not one of the characters who I might love. He just didn’t get made to the list of my favorite character. Maybe because of how he spoke. I don’t know really.

I liked Amy, though. We had a lot in common. And if you are a bookish, you will like Amy too. She stands in line for books and author signings. She writes fan fiction too. I mean, WOW.  

Also, the book looked at the vampire world differently and it was handled differently than other books. There was actually logic to what was happening.

Overall, this is a great summer read. It is light and simple with a vampire (fiction) world insert into it. It's like a 2-in-1 book. I like!

Tata for now


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails