Monday, September 23, 2013

Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier


I need the third book of the series now. (Note this review was written in May)

Ever since I read Ruby Red in 2011, it left me with this love/pain. I kept thinking about Gwen. And how I just rooted for her and completely loved this main character. I wanted her to win, to be the best. I easily felt sorry for her. And I wanted nothing but happiness for her. The author had created a very smart and witty character and she makes her sound like a teenager. Taking references from the trendy pop culture and the way Gwen invoice her thoughts makes her real.

I dont know how the author did this. But she skilfully made this book sound and feel so real to me. It was not just ink on paper. It was real. I could feel myself.

The second book came with awesome-packed stuff. The events Gwen attended. All this time travelling made me think...is it really possible to travel through time and space? How? And the author here gives you the time and space to think about it but at the same time, makes it seems like every day science.

Now onto my favorite part, Gideon. I love him. He is the best male character. Again, I cannot stop thinking about him since book 1. And in book 2, the author just gives me all I need. His so many sides and angles. He is simply a human being (in terms of making mistakes). And every time Gwen fights with him, I just go to Switzerland. And that last scene kills me every time I think about it.

I love this book. Beautiful. And I really wished all of Kerstin Gier's books got translated because I would like to read everything she had written so far.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails