Monday, September 16, 2013

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

As we all know, I loved Shatter Me. In fact it was one of my favorite reads in 2011. This made my expectations for Unravel Me go up the rooftop.

 The number one thing I loved the most in Unravel Me was how every character stood out, turning them all into main characters. I felt like they were all essential to the storyline and I don’t usually feel that way. Like, in novels where they are love triangle, I get to only think and care about the 3 involved. However in this book I cared about each one of them, liked them and memorized their names. I have the worst memory but I still could recall Castle, Kenji , the Twins, etc.

The one thing I didn’t like is that I didn’t feel anything towards James this time around. I am leaning more towards Warner, even though I shouldn’t be. James was just boring in this installment. Really. So I had no choice but to look forward to Warner's part every time I turned a page. From book 1, I have been leaning towards Warner but Juliette was disagreeing with me. And she is finally listening to me in this book. I had to yell on top of my lungs for her to hear me. I mean Warner is a bad guys, but lets not forget that no one was born with pure evilness in their bloods. Warner just needs a chance. And I really like how the author made the relationship among the 3 so complicated even more. I was just going " no oh nooo. That cant be happening. I didn’t see that. What why?"

You talk to yourself a lot, reading this book.    

I also felt like the writing style had changed too. Not sure if that is a bad or good thing. Just thought I should mention it.


Finally, I want to say that I'm super excited for book 3.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails