Monday, October 14, 2013

Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

The setting of this novel is very unique, giving it an edge that is hard to find in many novels. I think Shadow and Bone will be easy to remember its details when reading the second book because I dont recall ever reading a book with a similar theme. I think that’s what stood out for me.

Of course there were parts that I wanted to skip but they were necessary to understand the details of this world. At the same time, I wished there were more history given to us and more about the ruling structure in this world. That would have been great. But I think the world will be clearer in the second book (I hope so!). That is why I am so eager to read the second book.

I didn’t feel the romance between Alina and Mal. I saw them as siblings more than anything else. That’s why I had hard time getting into them. However what happened between them towards the end of the novel-the sacrifices-might had convinced me, a little, of their love. But, still, I need more.

The cover is iconic. I mean I am pretty sure you've noticed it in the bookstores. You probably stopped, picked it and read the synopsis. Its stands out which makes it the perfect cover for this book to sell and become more marketable.

Overall, it was a great book but it would have been perfect if extra details were incorporated throughout the novel. And if the love between Alina and Mal was given more time to develop because I felt like it was rushed. I needed more time to understand and feel the romance aspect of the novel.   


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails