Thursday, January 24, 2019

Habits You Need to Develop in 2019

Photo by Julien Labelle on Unsplash


Currently, I am searching for a new job. I am doing interviews, volunteering and (most importantly) working on habits that will (hopefully) transform me into a better influencer/educator/marketer/person/writer, etc.

Habits is a huge topic on social media these days that I decided to put my own spin on it. Throwing old, pointless habits out of the window and replacing them with new ones is very important.

This is why I am utilizing my free time in committing to good habits. Fortunately, habits are easily attainable once you put your mind to it.

So here are some habits (or new hobbies) that I have been working on:

1) Listening to podcasts: I love podcasts so much. My favorite podcasts are the ones that interview influential people who succeeded and are continually working hard to achieve their dreams. Or even self-help podcasts that informs you that you can change from yourself (pretty much things that you read about in a self-help book but in an audio format). Podcasts have helped me to see things differently. Do you listen to podcasts? What are your favorites? I am always open for suggestions.

2) Reading books: This is one is obvious. Reading is important but to find time to read is the hardest aspect of reading. But ever since 2019 has started I have been reading daily, finishing 3 books as I write this (4 books as I edit).

3) Establishing your online presence: I have been focusing on my Instagram feed. I am so passionate about books, therefore, my feed is entirely about books, bookshelves, libraries, and bookstores. I get to feed my passion for books and learn about the marketing that goes behind establishing a following on an important photo-based platform.

4) Learning a new skill: Learning is a journey and not a destination (I read that somewhere). So right now I am learning about new topics using LinkedIn Learning courses. You can pick other platforms to learn about things you are deeply passionate for.

5) TEDx videos: Generally speaking I am addicted to YouTube videos. I love watching short, entertaining videos. But this year I am trying to watch videos that will increase from my knowledge, influence me positively and inspire me. Right before writing this piece, I doubted myself because no one reads my articles anyways so why put the effort into writing a new one but I watched this one TEDx talk and it changed my perspective in an instant.

6) Following the right people: Recently I have been revamping my social media world. I have been on social media for more than 10 years. People change and so should your following list. Unfollow people whose updates do not interest you anymore. And follow people who can nourish your feed.

These are the habits I am trying to develop on daily basis in 2019. Do you think I should add more to the list? What habits are you working on this year?

For more updates, follow me @basma_aalx



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails