Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stop Bullying


I was bullyed in middle school. Not because I didn’t wear the latest trend of fashion or because I was a nerd. It was because I couldn’t speak good English. Yes. I know you have never heard of something like that but it's true.

It started when I was talking about this amazing English movie called 'Narnia' with my friend. I couldn’t pronounce 'Narnia'. I didn’t know I was pronouncing it wrong. They asked me to say it once again because it made them laugh so hard. I did. I thought they wanted to know the name of the movie.

Later on I discovered that they have been doing a list of words I have been pronouncing incorrect (what a waste of time). When I discovered, I was shocked, but I didn’t show it. I thought if I did show my anger or whatever my feeling was back then, I was giving them the feeling of winning over me. Instead what I did. I smiled. I laughed at their jokes. Really? Yea. Did they stop eventually? Yea. Because bullies bully so they can make their victims suffer in a way so they can laugh. I didn’t give them this opportunity. Simple.

If you are being bullied, smile to your bullies (that’s if you are being bullied verbally). They will back off.

Then, Basma, what happened with your bullies?
Well, we became friends. Not really friends but I do have them on my facebook. Does that count? I don’t know.

In fact I am going to send them the link to this post, see what will happen.

The funny part is that I didn’t have problems pronouncing English. I was just trying to speak the British accent because I was addicted to Harry Potter and Narnia movies. So I wanted to be like them by trying to speak British. Fail. I cant do it. But my bullyies thought that it was my English problem.

Why am I writing this?
Because Demi Lovato, the Disney star, is trying to stop bullying by guiding her fans who are being bullied to the right direction. She reminded me of this story and I thought I should share it with you.
So why not share the story of bullying or being bullyed in the comment section.

As always we have a video.

 

Tata for now :)

1 comment:

Dee said...

You were really such a strong child. I love your writing style it's getting better every time i guess. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails