Monday, May 3, 2010

Book Review: the sky is everywhere

The review of "The sky is everywhere" by Jandy Nelson.

******
I had a sister (Bailey) who meant the world to me
We were so close to each other because I saw in her my mother
My mom left us when I was 1 year old
But since the day Bailey died, I felt lonely
Till I start falling for Joe
I really liked him
I wondered if he liked me back?
At the same time I had a confused feeling towards Toby
Toby was my sister's boyfriend or shall I say her ex-girlfriend
After she passed away I felt like getting closer to him, makes me feel like she's ground us
Toby gets the same feeling around me too
I don’t know what to do
I don’t want Joe to get my feeling for Toby wrong
I just wish Bailey was here

(Found written on In Between the Lines' blog)

******

The novel was great. From its title it made me realize that the sky is everywhere and you can't hide from this simple fact. The sky is always watching over you. You cant hide from that fact either. The sky will give you hints of your day by giving you rain or by shinning its own sun.

If you feel isolated for some circumstance, just look at the sky. I bet there is someone willing to hear what you have to say.

This book also made me realize that you don’t know how someone feels, unless you have been to the same situation yourself





Now I shall leave you with a video


Tata from now


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails