Thursday, August 26, 2010

Book Review: Rules of Attraction

HeyHiHello


Today I shall review a book titled Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles. It is the sequel of Perfect Chemistry
.
Here is the book's descripition:
When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn’t want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado . Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn’t talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

Throughout my life I got asked many questions such as "what is you name?" or "how old are you?" But the most asked question I get from my close friends is  "How do I know if he likes me back?" I would tell me them: " Just look for signs". "Like what?" they would ask. And this is when I wonder till the lunch hour is over and hear the bell ring,using it as an excuse to excape from answering the question because I don’t know the signs. I really don’t. ok, maybe I do because I have done a research before for my novel but still. However,the answer of the question is in this book.

Rules of Attraction contains all the signs from both sides the female and the male. The novel brings in focus the perspective of a character to the other. You hear Carlos thoughts about Kiara and how he cares about her. How he wants to change to impress her. How he went to the dance with her, even though most of his ribs were broken, because he promised her.

For Kiara she was just herself in front of him and this is what I really admired about her. She stutters when she is nervous and she is most of the time. 

The best thing about this book is that it is very addictive. My eyes were burning after reading Rules of Attraction because the minute I start reading I never took a break. I never put it down.

So if you are one of those girls/guys who don’t know how a guy/girl would react if the like you back, then you should read this book.  

Tata for now

1 comment:

Karen said...

I really have to read this! I got it back in May but just haven't gotten to it yet. I loved Perfect Chemistry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails