Friday, March 1, 2019

The beauty of discomfort by Amanda Lang

 
Discomfort is something I occasionally face when I am thrown at a new environment. I think many people relate to that. This is why when I saw the title of this book, I thought it would be educational for me and a great method to further develop myself.

This book is a selection of non-fictional short stories that discuss people dealing with drastic change in their lives. Changes could be illness, chasing after dreams, or moving countries. They had to dive into discomfort to achieve their dreams. The different stories cover people from different backgrounds and demographics. This book gave me the chance to dive into other people’s discomfort and see how they cope with it. 

I learned that discomfort is not always a choice. Sometimes life forces us to be in uncomfortable situations and we either choose to stay in bed or run against the wind.

The message of this book is to make a life out of discomfort. To not let it get the best of you. Because there is a lesson learned with every new situation you put yourself in.

The examples set in this book are all Canadian which I found very relatable.

If discomfort is a topic that you need to explore, check this book out. Not all chapters will appeal to everyone (I shipped a chapter). But the take away from the book is tremendous. Also, it is okay to skip chapters because they are not interconnected.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails